Formerly known as “God ‘n’ Stuff” and begun when Bishop Alan was with us, GREEN SHOOTS is the new name of our Wednesday evening conversations from 6:00-7:30 pm in the Newton Room.
When we gathered in August and September, we shared our responses to these questions:
- How has the effort of reconnecting been for you and your family?
- What’s God up to with this time of war, natural disasters and the economic strain?
- Where is my source for renewing hope?
- How do we let off steam?
- At the end of Bishop Alan’s time with us at Grace, in this post-pandemic or endless pandemic life, where do we go from here?
- What is most important for us, now?
- what has shifted for you if anything over these weeks of conversation?
GREEN SHOOTS comes from a comment our dear friend Phil Baxter made,
noticing that our conversations seemed like
“green shoots that come up after the trauma of a fire…
the new growth that comes after destruction and loss.”
Please come to GREEN SHOOTS on Wednesday, October 12 from 6:00-7:30 pm in the Newton Room as we begin again, sharing together. Our guiding questions will be:
- What has shifted for you in your faith, or your church participation, since we last met in August and September?
- What have you noticed that you may not have seen before? (positive or negative?)
- What opportunities might there be for you, now?
All are welcome!
If you’ve come every time, a chair has your name on it still.
If you are new. to these conversations, there’s plenty of space for you as well!
See you there,
-Holly Hughson, Rev. Amy and Sarah Neidhoefer