Connection & Call

It seems that a common discussion in churches is the question of how we can grow our congregation. How do we invite, connect, and follow through with new people? But moreover– WHY do we want to?  Bishop Alan reflected that we don’t really have any “pew...

Thank you for filling your house, Lord!

Dear Ones,  What a glorious weekend it was! Saturday evening’s “Hello/Goodbye” party felt truly magical, and I realized that not only are we celebrating being together again after a four-month sabbatical, we are really still rejoicing (marveling?) over our...

Reconnect & Renew

Dear Ones, I am joyfully anticipating being with you all anew this coming Sunday, September 11! Four months is a long time. You have been in my prayers and in my heart, and I have heard through Bishop Alan that it has been a wonderful, renewing sabbatical...

All We Need Is Here

Every Tuesday morning the staff of Grace Church meet for prayer and for ministry coordination. We always end the meeting with a particular song. We stand and sing “All we need is here, here, here; all we need is here, here, here”. And we sing it three times. It is not...

Seeing as God Sees

The Christian writer, C.S.Lewis, comments on the word membership as follows: “The Christian is called, not to individualism but to membership in the mystical body. The very word membership is of Christian origin, but it has been taken over by the world and emptied of...

We Shall be Changed

As the pandemic lockdown entered its second year in 2021, the Bishop of the Convocation of Episcopal Churches in Europe, Mark Edington, edited and published a series of short essays on the impact of being closed for in person worship. The essays were entitled “We...